Sunday, January 23, 2011

The happy Olsen: Elizabeth is smiles apart from her brooding sisters

endofvid

[starttext]


By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Snow bunny: Elizabeth Olsen in Park City Utah for the Sundance Film Festival earlier today


Her sisters Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen are known for their doleful, brooding look.

But younger sibling Elizabeth Olsen proved to be the smiley one of the bunch as she was pictured at the Sundance Film Festival looking extremely cheerful yesterday.

The 21-year-old was at the festival in Park City, Utah, to promote independent film Martha Macy May Marlene and horror movie Silent House.


Hurrah! Elizabeth looks delighted to be out in the snowy Utah weather


Wrapped up warmly in a red hat, beige scarf and black jacket, the youngest Olsen looked happy and excited to be out in the snow.

And unlike her more reserved and poised sisters, Elizabeth was animated and clearly enjoying herself as she made her way to the gifting suites.

Speaking at the festival, the actress compared shooting Silent House to working in the theatre, where she has been performing since her childhood.


Serious: Elizabeth poses for a portrait in the Fender Music Lodge during the 2011 Sundance Film Festival


'When I was auditioning, I was like, "Just so you know, I'm used to the medium of theater, so like, I can stand on my feet for this long",' she said.

'It's hard for independent films - they want to get money. And to have a lead be an unknown - it's kind of a risk for people to take - and so the fact that they took that risk was like made my year, my life, I don't know! It was really exciting.'

Elizabeth also opened up about what it was like growing up with such famous sisters, and how it didn't put her off acting herself.


Scary: Elizabeth in a scene from the horror movie Silent House


She says: 'When I would go shopping with my sisters when I was younger, it would be dangerous. People would almost get us into car accidents.

'I just think it's crazy in general, but I want to be an actor - and I have since I was a little girl - and if that happens, then you figure out how to deal with it where it doesn't completely infringe upon your life.

'I haven't experienced that personally yet. Hopefully I don't have to, but I think it's a really weird part of this business,' she added.

Elizabeth's next project is psychological thriller Red Lights, with Robert De Niro, Sigourney Weaver and Cillian Murphy.



Brooding: Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen pictured together last November in New York


source: dailymail [endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment