Thursday, February 10, 2011

'I have one of the greatest voices in the industry,' says Lady Gaga as she dresses up in fine feather for Vogue spectacular

endofvid


[starttext]


By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Striking: Lady Gaga sports a short pink wig and white feathered dress as she poses for this month's issue of Vogue magazine


She's famous for her striking array of outfits including a Kermit the frog coat, firework bra and infamous meat dress.

But Lady Gaga has toned it down, just a little, for a brand new photo shoot for Vogue magazine as she appears on the cover for the first time.

The 24-year-old star still looked her usual over-the-top self in a larger than life white feathered ball gown, complete with short pink bobbed wig, bleached out eyebrows and crimson lipstick in one shot.


In control: Gaga appears in a white dress for the magazine's March power issue


Appearing on the cover of the magazine's March 'power issue,' she is also featured in an extravagant pale green gown, along with a tailored white and black smoking jacket and fitted trousers.

And she isn't exactly shy about her own talents.

'Speaking purely from a musical standpoint, I think I am a great performer,' she tells the magazine.

'I am a talented entertainer. I consider myself to have one of the greatest voices in the industry. I consider myself to be one of the greatest songwriters.

'I wouldn't say that I am one of the greatest dancers, but I am really quite good at what I do. I think it’s OK to be confident in yourself.'


Pretty in pink: The star wore a series of elaborate outfits along with bleached out eyebrows and a pink wig for the Mario Testino shoot


'I am a talented entertainer. I consider myself to have one of the greatest voices in the industry. I consider myself to be one of the greatest songwriters.

'I wouldn't say that I am one of the greatest dancers, but I am really quite good at what I do. I think it’s OK to be confident in yourself.'


The fame: the 24-year-old singer also posed in more masculine outfits including a leather jacket and tailored black and white blazer


She may be on the cover of Vogue, but Gaga admits she finds it bemusing, considering her sometimes difficult schooldays.

'Because, as funny as it is that I am on the cover of Vogue - and no one is laughing harder than I am - I was the girl in school who was most likely to walk down the hallway and get called a slut or a b**** or ugly or big nose or nerd or dyke,' she says.

Gaga is releasing her new album Born This Way this May, along with a single of the same name this week.

I wrote ['Born This Way'] in 10 f****** minutes,' she explains in the article.
'And it is a completely magical message song. And after I wrote it, the gates just opened, and the songs kept coming. It was like an immaculate conception.'


source: dailymail [endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment