Friday, February 11, 2011

Little star Willow Smith lands her very first Teen Vogue fashion shoot (even though she's only 10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti0HKCSb7kIendofvid

[starttext]
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Little star: Willow Smith managed to land her first Teen Vogue fashion shoot at the ripe age of 10


Willow Smith is certainly not your average 10-year-old girl.

The daughter of Hollywood A-list stars Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith has already released a hit song and has almost 500,000 Twitter followers.

And despite being a mere tween, she has even managed to land a her very first fashion shoot for Teen Vogue.

The Whip My Hair star put her unique sense of style on show in the photo spread, posing in a series of quirky costumes.

The rising star revealed that she already has a 'crew' of people to help her put together her clothing and hair creations.

'I wear anything I feel like,' she adds of her own sense of style. 'If I want to put on a pair of Converse with a pencil stuck through them, I will.'

The mogul-in-the-making is gearing up to tour with fellow pop star, Justin Bieber.
But she insists that unlike most of her peers, she does not fancy the teen heartthrob.

'Justin's like my big brother. I don't have a crush on him,' she says adamantly in the interview.

When asked if she feels she can relate to other girls her age, the star responded confidently: 'Of course! I am one.'


Whip it: The singer showed plenty of attitude during the shoot


Willow insists her success has taken her by surprise.

'When I first put ['Whip My Hair'] out, everyone was like, "Willow, Willow, I love your song!" And I was like, "Really?'"' recalls the pop star.

She claims the popularity of the extremely catchy song is largely down to the positive message it promotes.

'Whipping your hair means not being afraid to be yourself,' Willow explains.
And it is her famous parents she has to thank for her ambition.


All star family: Willow comes from Hollywood royalty with both her parents and her older brother all being actors


'I used to go on tour with my mom and dad and see what they were doing, and I'd tell them, "Oh, I wanna do that, I wanna do that,"' she recalls.

Their family life isn't all premières and parties, however.
'It's pretty much a regular family,' Willow says.

'At dinner we talk about 'What did you do today? What did you wear today?' Not anything about work.'


source: dailymail [endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment