Thursday, February 17, 2011

What are the five hidden fairy tales in IU’s “Cruel Fairy Tale”?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7F98s1CkW4endofvid


[starttext]


The hidden story behind IU’s “Cruel Fairy Tale,” a track included in her latest mini plus album release, has been catching the attention of both the press and fans.

Songwriter Kim Eana teased on her Twitter, “In the lyrics, there are five hidden fairy tales!”

Once she was bombarded with questions on what those five were, she replied, “Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella, and the Little Mermaid. All of you, please have fun guessing the remaining one.”


She hinted, “‘By stepping on the tears I shed one by one’ means ‘Please come to find me, as I’ve left prints of my tears around.’ This is referring to Hansel and Gretel, when they leave bread crumbs to find their way back.”

The rest were up for the netizens to find, and some have speculated that the lyric, “And when the clock rings 12, I’ll awake from my dreams. Amidst the blessings of others, we will be dancing together“, to be in reference to Cinderella.

Netizens commented, “The idea is wonderful and very amazing,” “How can such beautiful lyrics be made out of fairy tales,” and “It fits so well with the song’s atmosphere.”

Look for the fairy tales!


LYRICS: Cruel Fairy Tale

When this night passes
You will come to wake me
By stepping on the tears I shed one by one

When that door opens
The light will reach me
And forever after
I will live happily

When the clock rings 12
I’ll awake from my dreams
And amidst the blessings of others
We will be dancing together

I breathe (You will never know)
I am alive (Everyone fails to love)
I can believe in at least that truth

Nothing lasts forever, nothing really matters

Maybe because the road that leads to me is perilous
You are lost
But one day, I will be smiling
as I fall asleep in your arms

I cannot go (I will never know)
In case you cannot find me (Everyone tells me so)
In case this wait bursts like a bubble




source: dailymail


[endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment